|

Monday, August 14, 2006

A walk in the park

This morning is a beautiful summer morning. The sun is shining, there is a slight cooling breeze, and temperatures are around 70 degrees.

So, Raven and I decided to take our first full-fledged post-surgery walk. We took our time, but we did venture down to Crystal Lake to enjoy the view. We rested at a park bench for awhile, looking over the lake towards the hospital, which loomed above the trees on the opposite shore. I said a prayer for surgeons who, at that very hour, were doing life-saving work on patients. Im really grateful we live so close to such a competent, caring healing center.

I chatted with a friend I haven't seen in awhile--she was driving by the park and had a new exchange student--a girl from Japan--with her. It made me a little envious, but perhaps another year we'll take on an exchange student again.

I brought up a little laundry from downstairs (don't worry mom, it wasn't much!) and think now I'll take a little rest and have some breakfast. Recovering from surgery makes me appreciate the ability to go out and do simple things like walk around the neighborhood. There is such a feast for the senses on such a perfect day! I'm thankful for God's creation around me and the ability to enjoy it.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com