|

Friday, November 24, 2006

A day of rest


This marathon week is now drawing to a close. Monday through Wednesday were full days at work. Wednesday night ended up being an all-evening cooking/cleaning time, ending at 1 am after two late night phone calls from the hospital with reports on Uncle Danny's condition (he's anemic and they are trying to find the cause of it). Danny and his step-son were planning to come for Thanksgiving, but Danny ended up being in the hospital all day. We are hopeful that he will be able to come home soon.

Tim's cousin Terry & Colette stopped by with their little baby Josiah. Isn't he cute? He is already seven months old, but it was the first time we got to see him. He is a doll and a very well-behaved baby. Too soon he left to visit his grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.

Friends Katie and Tom from church joined us for the Thanksgiving meal, and we ended up having about 9 people in the evening come together for Balderdash (the dictionary game). I kinda pooped out by evening, and our dinner guests left around nine. Today, however, I have been lazy most of the day. This morning I did get up early for a lab appointment (fasting) and also took Raven to the vet for his regular cleaning out visit (I won't go into details). Then home and nap, nap, nap.

I am thankful for so many things. Today I am thankful for rest and a comfortable home to crash in. I'm thankful for two days off work that are considered vacation time. I'm thankful for my family, for enough food to eat, and for my faith and my relationship with Jesus Christ.

Blessings overflow! Happy post-Thanksgiving!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com