|

Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday night, quiet night

Well, I put in a bit shorter day at work (by 30 minutes) and found that when I got home nobody was here. The boys were working, Christina is doing homework at her friend Pete's, and Tim's working on Luke's house.

I got an usual text message late this afternoon at work. It said to call the university switchboard. When I called, the operator said that all the full-time operators had gone home for the day and that I should call back tomorrow to retrieve my message. You see, I don't get service when I'm working at the seminary, and I'm sometimes away from my desk. I checked voice mail at my desk, at home, and I called Tim, Christina, and when I got home I called my sister Cheri. No one knew anything about the mysterious text message. Weird.

Tomorrow I'll try to find out the answer. At least I know now I can get text messages at work, even if I don't have a signal. And I can get voice mail notifications too. (Someone else left a message on my cell phone soon after the text, requesting my e-mail address).

Guess I've got too many ways of communicating. What did I do in the old days when I only had one phone number, no e-mail, no voice mail, no blogs with commenting sections, and no answering machine?

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com