|

Monday, November 27, 2006

It's my birthday!

Last night we had a nice gathering with Tim's family. We celebrated my birthday (today) and our sister-in-law Dawn's birthday (October). We also drew names for Christmas gifts--something we used to do at Thanksgiving, but lately everyone is going different directions on that holiday.

It was the first time everyone in the Nelson clan was all together in quite awhile. Usually someone is home sick or has some other pressing engagement. It was nice to have everyone here. It was casual--we sent our kids to pick up Papa John's pizza so they could get their 50% off discount. So it was an easy and relatively inexpensive party.

Today I'm working my long day--bet you're surprised to see me blogging! Well, Christina is complaining about not feeling well (she gets bad headaches every once in awhile) so I'm not going to have to get her up and going, and I don't have to be to work till nine. So I'll enjoy a somewhat leisurely morning.

Thanks, Mom, for what you went through for me 49 years ago. And thanks, Mom & Dad for being such a fantastic example and support for me all these years. Thanks sibs & your families for your thoughtfulness in many ways. I'm also grateful for my in-law family and am blessed to live so close to them. Thanks to Tim, Luke, Mark and Christina who give me a reason to keep going every day.

I don't really mind getting older. Each year--each day--is a gift from above. Let's celebrate another day of life!

Till next time,

Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Your Tim(e) Has Come said...

Is this where I wish you a happy birthday?

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com