|

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Good-bye Jeanie!


Today we said good-bye to Tim's Aunt Jeanie. It was a nice service, with a graveside prayer at Fort Snelling, where many soldiers and their wives are buried. We visited the grave of another of Tim's aunts, Aunt Joanie, who died suddenly in 1994. It is a lovely place, full of memories for many. Joanie's grave has a tree that her twin sister had planted, and a wreath with pictures of her grandchildren.

We enjoyed spending summers on Danny & Jeanie's boat on the Mississippi River. Here our daughter Christina is pictured admiring the many dish towels Jeanie would crochet--I have several in my kitchen and laundry room. I think every time I saw her she would have another one for me, or perhaps a potholder.

We are glad she is at peace now. We pray for Danny and the rest of the family as they grieve.

Tomorrow is Luke's surgery. I am planning on sleeping in on Saturday, as I will work on Friday unless things don't go as planned at the hospital.

Thanks for your prayers.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com