|

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The "fragrance" lingers on...

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful birthday wishes, cards, phone calls and gifts. I had a great day, even if most of it was spent at work. It's great to be able to work, to work in a wonderful environment, be surrounded by terrific people, and have a family I love to come home to. I think it will be a great 50th year.

The aroma of my birthday lives on. Yesterday our neighbor brought by the microwave popcorn we had ordered from his boy scout troop. The first batch was such a hit, that we decided to try another. Ooops. The microwave went out (someone was doing laundry, and the washer and microwave are on the same circuit) and someone who was supposed to be watching the microwave as it came back on got a phone call. Result--toasty black popcorn. Stinky black popcorn. I can still smell the odor today, one day later.

But smells I'd rather remember--the baby fresh smell of Josiah who came to visit on my birthday weekend, the aroma of a turkey, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, and mashed potatoes cooking, the smell of my new lotions and my furry wet dog after the rain (okay, maybe not so much the latter).

The Bible says something about Christians being a fragrance that attracts people. Certain fragrances have a lingering effect. Burnt popcorn can be like that, but I'd rather remember pumpkin pie or Bath & Body Works brown sugar lotion. I hope my fragrance is sweet and perfectly seasoned with God's love, not just on my birthday, but the next day and the 363 days after that.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com