|

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Problem solved?

I think I may have an answer to the mystery text message of a couple days ago. Jeremy and Cheri, thanks for your input and interest.

When I quizzed Christina again (the only person who texts me with any regularity), she said it could have been she who sent the message. She was trying to ask Pete to call her, but she had the Bethel switchboard number on her cell phone from when I tried to call her from campus. When she texted Pete (or meant to text Pete), she texted me instead, and put down the Bethel number as a call back by mistake.

This is the only thing we could figure out.

IT came to my rescue again today. The person who had given me the initial bad news yesterday was a great help today, and he didn't even remember the incident from yesterday but was glad it was resolved in a way that pleased me. Anyway, it turns out I have WAY too much stuff on my computer--on both the server and my desktop. So because of this, I was unable to log on. They couldn't help me fix the problem over the phone, so they sent Matt over. Matt is a nice young man who is a close friend of our son Luke--they pretty much grew up together at Trinity, our former church. He's a student at Bethel, but working his way up in the IT world--like Jeremy (another friend and Bethel grad who is now a head techie person at Bethel even though he's only like 24 or something). Both these guys have incredible knowledge and troubleshooting skills.

Anyway, Matt came over and helped me organize some files. I didn't have music or DVD files clogging up the system, but pdfs and jpeg files. I've got to start deleting more stuff.

Now I'm done for almost two weeks! Matt said he'd be working some over the Christmas break, and I know others will be because our new data base system (or whatever it's called) will go live for a few departments in January. Also, some of the faculty in my department will be around getting ready for interim or finishing grading for this semester.

But the most important news of all, is that today is my Daddy's birthday!!! Happy, happy to you Daddy--can't wait to see you next week. Hope your day has been wonderful.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com