|

Sunday, December 31, 2006

We're baaack!

Well, we had a wonderful vacation time. It was nice to all be in one vehicle, albeit a bit cramped (especially for Mark and Christina, who took turns sitting in the small back seat of the Highlander). Our luggage straps flapped a bit, especially in the mountains, but we didn't lose anything or cause any wrecks.

The only downer was that I got some sort of stomach bug on Friday morning, so I laid low (as did everyone else) for the day. It was nice to just to relax with family. And it was kinda fun to boss my husband and kids around in the kitchen (something I never do in any other setting either...right, honey?), instructing them on preparing the meal I had planned but felt it would be best not to touch. I ended up eating at supper and everything stayed where it should be for everyone!

On the way home, we stopped in Cincinnati and had lunch with Tim's old high school buddy Bob. Bob is now legal counsel and the CFO of a small company. He looked great and seemed to be very happy. It's been a few years since we've seen Bob, so it was good to get together.

Tim kept an eye on the weather, and we kept on going through the night till we got home around 3 am. I even got a chance to drive from about 10:30 to 12:30 am, with Luke completing the last leg of the trip. It was a good thing, too, because it started to rain around Milwaukee and kept up the rest of the trip to some extent. This afternoon (Sunday) it is now snowing, and we may get several inches. I'm glad we're not on the interstate in this mess. Please pray for my kids and everyone else out there on this New Year's Eve. Snow and slippery roads on New Year's Eve is not a great combination. I wish they'd stay home and celebrate, but I'm sure they're sick of mom and dad. They are with friends not far from home, so I'm trying not to worry too much.

Raven was very glad to see us. He didn't jump on us, but cuddled up close, and when Tim left our bedroom, he jumped up on the bed next to me (of course he had to get down immediately).

It's always wonderful to see family and friends and get away, but it's so nice to be safe at home too.

Have a wonderful new year--thanks for reading my blog in 2006 and even before if you're a long time reader--I appreciate it! I go back to work on Jan 2, so reality will settle in soon!

Till next time (2007!),

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com