|

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Midnight visit to ER...

Christina and I took a midnight visit to ER, and I don't mean Eagle River! She was complaining and crying with back pain and a fever, so I decided this was unusual enough to warrant a visit to the doctor. At midnight even Urgent Care is closed, so off to the hospital we went.

We got in right away, thankfully, and it turns out she has a kidney infection. We got pain meds and antibiotics dispensed from this machine (a computer with a touch town screen--it charges our insurance when we enter the number we're given and then tells us the copay). I had some cash, so I put that in the machine and then the robot thingy or whatever it is in there put the meds in vials, labeled them, and out they popped! Incredible.

I stopped at the store to get some cranberry juice for her, getting to bed around 2. Thankfully I don't have to be in to work today till 10.

I'm glad it wasn't something more serious, and that today is my short day. I think I'll be in bed early tonight!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com