|

Thursday, March 13, 2008

No room for two mopers at once

Lately I have been dealing with midlife issues. Wondering what to do when I grow up, blahs, struggles with teenager(s), etc. etc.

My husband is usually trying to encourage me and pick up the pieces. Today when I got home from work, I was feeling pretty good, and he was low. A perfectionist by his own admission, he was complaining about how he can never get construction jobs finished quite the way he wants them--even when the homeowner is happy with a job.

Plus cash flow is not the best now.

He's overwhelmed with regular (drywall work) and working at his mom's too. He's tired today, because he was working at his mom's last evening and fell asleep there, had some caffeine to jolt him awake again, and ended up coming home and being up till midnight. I was restless last night--I sleep lots better when he's with me--and I was kinda cranky.

Today he's tired and I'm pretty well rested. I tried to say some encouraging things to him but don't know if it helped.

I hope we both don't hit bottom on the same day.

I guess I'll try to keep up with letting him beat me at Scrabulous on Facebook--that always seems to perk him up.

The longer days seem to help--although now the bare brown ground is starting to show and there are tons of potholes all around and muddy wet spots everywhere.

I suppose we can always find something to whine about, right?

Today I'll rejoice that I'm feeling pretty okay and hope that Tim will be feeling better tomorrow. And our hormonal daughter? Well, my prayer is that we can survive another day together.

One foot in front of the other....

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com