|

Monday, March 17, 2008

Once

Today I celebrated non-St. Patrick's day by listening to the Irish songwriting of the movie soundtrack "Once." I did not wear green, but I was still green in my heart. Green with envy of these talented musicians.

This day will only come once in my lifetime, the day that is St. Patrick's day but not St. Patrick's day because it is the Monday of Holy Week.

I also celebrated by viewing a picture of a black Jesus as an older man knocking at a door, wearing graying dredlocks. It was done by some Muslim artists--who don't believe Jesus died as a young man, but as an older prophet.

Even though I don't believe this is true (that Jesus lived a long life on earth), I think it's cool to see how others depict Jesus. Perhaps their artist's view can bring them to look into Jesus and see that he alone has the answer (as Larry Norman would say in his popular/unpopular song "Why Don't you Look into Jesus?" Check out the lyrics sometime.

Plus, seeing Jesus in dreds helps me feel better about my long-haired son and many-times-pierced daughter. Hmmm, a dredlocked Jesus with piercings. Reminds me of the t-shirt at Cornerstone--"Body Piercing Saved My Life."

Something to think about on this non-St. Patrick's day. More than once.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com