|

Monday, April 21, 2008

She's off!

The house is quiet.

Our daughter is in Washington, D.C. with the senior and junior class from school.

I watched her plane fly across the country on the NWA website. It inched across Michigan, West Virgina, and landed at Reagan.

She called tonight and talked to Tim (I was still at work). She said she was sick during take-off and landing, but that the flight was okay. She said it was raining and that the hotel wasn't that great (cockroach friendly). Tomorrow they move to a (hopefully) better place for the rest of their stay.

This is the first time she's flown since she arrived with my Mom from Romania. I hope she has a great week.

We are going to enjoy the break, but we miss her, too.

Tonight Raven is freaking out, not because Christina is gone, but because we're having our first spring storm. The lightning and thunder freak him out, and he's huddling very close and breathing heavily.

Ah, spring--you take the good with the bad. Yesterday Tim and I went out on his scooter. Fun! I'm not riding mine, though, till the streets are swept clean. I ride only on days when no rain or wind are forecast. So it may be a while...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com