|

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Snow

It's snowing. On April 26. Ay caramba.

But, we don't have it too bad. It's barely sticking to the green grass, and not at all on the roads. Up north, they have several inches of snow.

And, my sister just called. She is about to be a grandma (hurray!), so she's going to come my way tonight and crash before heading on to greet her new grandson who is laboring to get out of his mom (actually Kristi is the one doing the hard work, I'm thinkin'.)

It's also my two-year anniversary of losing my last job. A lot has happened in that time. One of my bosses at Bethel has asked if I'd be available to work more hours this summer. This would be an answer to prayer, as I'm slated to cut back to 25 hours a week mid-June to mid-August, and I'd prefer to work full-time throughout the summer.

Tim has said it looks like it will be a busy summer. We're so grateful for that. Hopefully cash flow will be better, too. Everyone around here is strapped, it seems.

Christina arrived home from Washington, DC last night. She had a wonderful time. Seems she was very impressed by a young man (20-ish) giving them a tour at the Pentagon. A man in uniform will do that to you! Myself, I prefer a man in white painters pants and a t-shirt. Now that's a uniform I can relate to!

Please pray for a few things. My sister and her husband as they prepare to move and welcome their first grandson all at the same time, and for my nephew and his wife as they welcome their first born, so soon after Kristi's mother's death and major surgery for her father (that went well).

Also, one of our seminary students at Bethel lost his little girl (age 22 months) this past week to a fall out a window. They have a one-year-old as well who has had infections in his brain, and they are expecting their third child next month, and are planning a move very soon. Their one-year-old is doing better, but I know they need many prayers for all they are facing.

One week from today one of my co-workers is getting married. I remember that one week before Tim and I got married (25 years ago on May 7) there was a snow storm of 2-3 inches. My Pinto got stuck on my way to work.

Summer is bound to come, though, and I don't think we'll see snow in June. Right?

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com