|

Saturday, October 16, 2004

The boys are gone

Tim and the boys left last evening for a men's retreat at Covenant Pines, our church's Bible camp. I'm hoping Luke and Mark have a great time with their dad and the other men who I'm sure will serve as mentors for them this weekend. It's cold--highs only in the 40s, and I hope they have enough warm clothes, as I'm sure they'll participate in the paintball outing this afternoon.

Most of all, I hope it's a time for spiritual refreshment and renewal. The boys haven't been involved in a Sunday school class or youth group since our former church ended two years ago. (We're now attending a new church plant that doesn't yet have a youth program.) Now Mark is going to a Christian school, so he is getting a lot of good teaching there, but Luke doesn't have that, as he's now on his own and attending a community college.

I'm sure I'll have an update of their weekend in Monday's blog. Meanwhile, Christina and I are going to enjoy a girls' weekend and hit the Mall!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com