|

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Still stilting it

For the past few days, I've been helping Tim out at an office site not too far from home. The boys have been working too, but Tim has taken on so much this past week that he needed the additional "help" I could provide.

I have to say that spotting nails (really screws) is more fun than doing clean up work. With clean up, you are never sure if it is really good enough, yet you don't have the time to mop the floors or clean the carpets till they are shiny or spotless.

I finished the lower nails (screws) and then Tim asked me to do the high ones. This would require me to get on the stilts. I found a step ladder, and perching upon it, I strapped on each stilt and began to work. Though 47 years old, I can still go about a room at the seven-foot level. (or at least 6 1/2 foot)

Today my right hand and forearm are sore from using the broadknife. I guess I'm getting older. Tim says it's because I should do it more often, to get myself back into drywall shape. I am just happy to have some rest. Well, maybe not rest--Christina and I are planning to hit the mall today. I'll be using different wrist action as I hand over that credit card.........

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com