|

Monday, January 17, 2005

Taxi mom

This weekend I was taxi mom. I carted Christina to her hair appointment, to a basketball game, I went to the library to blog, then I picked her up to discover she wanted to get her nails done, then her friend AJ forgot something at home, so we went back there, grabbed some lunch and finally made it home. Her date was 30 minutes early for the dance, but she managed not to keep him waiting too long. She looked very nice and had a good time at the dance.

They went out to dinner and sat at the "kitchen's table" where they were allowed to view and taste food samples before ordering. Her date also brought her a dozen pink roses. Quite a heady evening for a 15-year old going to her first semi-formal dance!

Tim picked up the girls from the dance and then he worked yesterday so I drove to church. Fortunately, a friend picked them up yesterday afternoon for an overnight tonight (no school today in honor of Martin Luther King's birthday). I think it will start to get warmer out today, although it was below zero for our morning walk. We survived, and I'm happily at home--for now. Tim wants me to go scrape floors and do general cleaning at the house on the next block.

At least I'm not playing taxi mom today (that I know of at this point!).

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com