|

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The washing machine and other things that spin and spew

This was a fun weekend for my daughter--a long weekend which included sleepovers, a dance, hanging out with friends, etc. etc. She admitted to me last night that she had been coming down with a cold, but I told her she couldn't pull the Monday morning sick routine (even though today's Tuesday) on me.

So, this morning, I go to wake her up. "I'm sick." "No, you need to get up," I replied. Long story short, we had a blow out, and eventually she got up, showered, and blasted her music and locked her door as she got ready. In between songs, I tried to apologize for losing it, but the door remained locked. I had to leave to walk Raven, so I prayed with Mark and listened to praise music on the iPod as we went about our daily routine.

When I got home, the washing machine that Tim has been trying to fix was leaking water all over the floor. It needs a new part, but Tim thought he had fixed it to the point of temporary usability.

Then I went upstairs and retrieved phone messages. Christina had called. "I'm sorry mom, you were right--I'm not really sick. I just needed to get up and move around. Now can I......."

Well, it was an apology with an ulterior motive, but still an apology. The washing machine will get fixed eventually, whether it's Tim or Minnegasco that does it. Emotions are harder to fix, but if we don't anger go on too long, it helps with the healing process.

Now we just have to deal with an angry washer spewing suds and water......

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com