|

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Skanking with the kids

Yesterday was Monday, so it was a typical busy day and a long one. I got home around seven, and Tim wasn't home yet--he had stopped at his mom's to do tax work and then at the bank to refinance the loan on his truck. Christina had helped herself to the meatballs and rice I had in the crockpot, and Tim, Mark and I sat down to eat some also.

Later in the evening, I discovered Mark and Christina in the office, studying together. Christina was reading to Mark for his American literature class. I found this a very touching scene, as Mark is usually the one helping his sister with things like this. They were getting along so well, and seemed content even though they were both tired and it was getting late.

I don't know how this came about, but before I knew it, we were talking about "skanking"--a kind of dance you do to punk or ska music (I think). Without any music, Mark and Christina got up and corrected my attempts to skank. We were laughing and I realized how out of shape I am and uncoordinated to boot.

Now when we go to Cornerstone festival in July, I'll be able to skank with the best of them, right along with my kids. (NOT) Well, at least I enjoyed a few moments of it on a cold March evening.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com