|

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Winter is back

It's only March 10, so it's no surprise to native Minnesotans that winter isn't over. Sure, we were tempted to believe spring had sprung when temperatures soard to 60 degrees on Sunday. But an Alberta clipper came rushing down with wind and cold and on Monday the temperatures plummeted back below freezing.

Now it has snowed again. A soft blanket of white is here, hiding slippery spots underneath it. Raven and I enjoyed the sights of snow, but on more than one occasion I almost fell--thankful that I had a firm grasp on the leash and that Raven's body weight steadied me. However, I almost panicked again when I spied another dog owner walking toward us, and Raven pulled and barked and he attempted to greet a new friend. Somehow we made it past the owner and pet, and managed to get home in one piece.

Today's a work day, so traffic will be a challenge. Ah well, spring will be here soon enough. Then we'll be dealing with mud and brown grass--and eventually flowers and sunshine!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com