|

Monday, April 25, 2005

Rainy day, runaway dog

It's a rainy Monday. I knew Raven and I should have been up and out earlier, but the kids didn't have to be at school for early jazz band today, so they got a later start. Tim headed out the door early, but I wanted to make sure Mark and Christina got off okay and had everything with them.

Right as they left, the heavens opened up. Sighing, I grabbed the leash and the umbrella. It was pointless to try to keep Raven under the umbrella, but at least I was able to stay relatively dry.

Until, for some reason, the hook from the leash to the collar slipped, and Raven quickly realized he was a free dog. He leaped and bounded away from me, much to the delight of some children standing under their mother's umbrella at a school bus stop. Fortunately, Raven returned fairly quickly. I set the umbrella down to hook the leash back on his collar, and then the umbrella started to blow away. After a short chase, we were back in business and continued our walk in a rather uneventful manner.

So, I'll spend the rest of the rainy day getting ready for my sister's arrival. I've got laundry to do, food to prepare, organizing and cleaning to do. Raven has shaken himself dry (I gave him a towel rub down too), so he'll just cozy up somewhere until he sees the vacuum cleaner. Then he'll find a quiet room until the vacuum appears and he'll take off again. But at least I don't have to worry about him running off without a leash while he's in the house.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com