|

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Cheri arrived, safe and sound

My sister Cheri arrived yesterday with her son Daniel and their neighbor friend, Mandy. We had a nice dinner together, and Christina had invited her boyfriend Pete to join us, Luke stopped by (at my invitation) and Tim got home just as we were sitting down. So, we had nine for supper (not counting Raven, who got sent to the nearby office and munched on a dental bone and peered through the French doors as he hungrily eyed the roast beef.)

Later, we took the country cousins to the big city mall (the The Mall, but still a respectable ones to these northwoodsers). We came home, and Tim, Cheri, Mark and Daniel played a card game while I fixed popcorn and Mandy watched the game.

This morning was interesting getting seven people up and out the door. We decided to let Mark join his cousin for the college visiting adventure, but he still got up to take Christina to school. Christina and Mandy took turns in the bathroom/shower, and Cheri and I walked the dog. Meanwhile, Tim called my cell phone as we were walking--he couldn't find his wallet and checkbook and had a dentist appointment. Fortunately I was able to find it by the phone in the kitchen, and I got it to him at the dentist just as he was getting ready to leave. (The dentist office is only 5 minutes from our house. Another blessing!)

Mark was back home by the time I got back, and then Daniel, Cheri, Mandy and Mark got ready to head out for their adventure. Now it's just Raven and me, but the troops will start trickling back in mid to late afternoon. It's fun to have a house full--and I'm sad they are here for such a short time. In the morning Cheri and company will be heading back to northeastern Wisconsin. But we'll be seeing them at Cornerstone Festival, in just a few short months.....

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com