|

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Clouds are rollin' in

I guess today is not the first day of fall after all, but the last day of summer. It was a hot one, too, but I think tomorrow things are going to change. Clouds are rolling in and there is a severe thunderstorm watch.

Today my sister-in-law Dawn was working at the tax office where I've helped out during tax season. Tim's uncle, who started the business that is now Dawn's husband's Jeff's (my brother-in-law) stopped in. He was not speaking coherently and Dawn was afraid he was suffering signs of a mini-stroke. After making several calls, she took him to Tim's parents, and they drove him home. We may go pick up his car tonight. I certainly hope he gets medical attention quickly--his wife doesn't drive and isn't in very good health herself. Fortunately, they live in addition off the house of their son and daughter-in-law.

Clouds are rolling in--things can change at a moment's notice. One year ago today my sister's mother-in-law passed away suddenly. We need to always be ready for whatever may come--and we need to number our days. One day the sun may be shining, and the next we could be experiencing a hurricane (well, not in Mnnesota--but blizzards are possible here). I will try to be grateful for every day.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com