|

Friday, August 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Honey!

I'm afraid Tim's birthday is not starting out very well. Last night we got a phone call at 2:30 am, which we didn't answer in time, but caused me to get up and look for my daughter and her friend who was sleeping over. I looked all over the house--no sign of them. I went out the back door, and found the screen porch door ajar. After calling Christina, she appeared from around the corner of the house. Apparently her friend was not feeling well and needed some air.

I want to believe this story and that somehow the phone call was a coincidence (wrong number?). After the girls got back to bed, the dog started barking--not loud, incessant barking, but woofing once about every 30 seconds or so. A storm was coming in, and Raven could sense it. I took him outside briefly, and he did his business. I worked in the kitchen for awhile and then got back to bed. Tim was awake. I had hoped I hadn't disturbed him, but the phone call had kept him awake. Now Raven's barking was keeping us both awake. I tried bringing Raven in our room, but he was still nervous about the lightning and thunder. Finally, just as we were nodding off, the radio went off (5 am). Tim decided to get up. At 5:30 his cousin Terry called. (He's been in the workhouse and has been taking the bus/bike to our house every day to help Tim.) Terry was soaking wet--having peddled madly to catch the bus (the driver didn't see him at first), and then, still in the rain, taking down the bike rack in the front of the bus to put his bike on. He asked if Tim could meet him at the bus stop by our house so he wouldn't have to peddle more in the rain. So, Tim went off and Terry came home and dried off, putting his soaked stuff in the dryer.

The rain continued, roads were flooded, so Tim and Terry and I decided to catch a few more winks before work. Still, it wasn't enough after losing about 4 hours last night.

Well, honey, I hope you can sleep well tonight. Happy birthday. I know it's not a restful one and you are so busy at work, but I hope you know I love you and hopefully on Sunday we can have a great celebration with your family.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com