|

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thrifty day

Today was our day to "volunteer" at the kids' school's thrift store. All the parents are supposed to take one shift (a 3 1/2 hour shift) once a year, because the proceeds from the store go to help keep tuition down.

Last year I signed up to do September, to get it over with, but we ended up getting put on Sept 2005. Then, the schedules came out and we weren't on, so I took the first available weekend--Thanksgiving weekend. Christina and her friend Pete came to help me and Tim, and we were busy hauling stuff in and sorting. I am lousy at pricing items, so I got out of that as much as possible.

On the way home we stopped to buy Christina some new black pants, a white blouse and a winter coat (she looked at the thrift store but didn't see anything that would work or fit). She's got a band concert coming up and needs the blouse and pants--she misplaced her other white top and the pants got a hole in them. Go figure. She claims she outgrew her winter coat from last year and she's been running around with hooded sweatshirts, but it's been getting pretty cold lately.

She wanted to shop yesterday but I REFUSED to go out in the madness that is Black Friday, plus it was snowing. Tim was sickened at the price of the new clothes, especially after being at the Thrift store, but hey, he doesn't get out that much (sorry honey) and besides we kept it under $100.

Tomorrow is my day and I know others have spent hundreds on me for my birthday (just kidding--I'm grateful for just their presents I mean presence in my home). It should be fun--we're having tacos here--so it's nice and easy and we'll do paper plates and DQ ice cream cake.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com