|

Friday, November 25, 2005

Snow for Christmas shopping day

Raven and I reveled in the snow today. He enjoyed making his snow dog/angels and pushing the snow with his snout. He even barked at the snow on occasion, then looked back at me and jumped, as if to say, "Isn't this the most exciting thing ever?"

I had asked Tim to join us, and he was even going to, but he couldn't find his winter boots. So a pile of old shoes and boots ended up on the entry way floor, till I could sort through them and still didn't find Tim's boots. But at least we sorted through shoes and boots and have tossed many and have given away more--tomorrow we are scheduled to volunteer at the kids' school Thrift Store (they donate money to help with tuition, so parents volunteer at the store once a year).

Anyway, I heard on the radio that many people were braving the snow and slippery roads to find the great deals at the stores. I am happy to stay home. Christina, on the other hand, was anxious to get out and about and practice winter driving. Tim took her as far as the bank, and then (thankfully?) her boyfriend arrived at our home to pick her up for a belated Thanksgiving with his family, so I called Tim and they came home.

I'm thankful to be home away from the shopping madness and not driving in the snow. Although it should be a lot better this year with Scotty McGregor (my Highlander) than with my old Chevy G-20 no-name full size sled van.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com