|

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jumble of stuff

Now I'm starting to get dates jumbled up. I know I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday (the day Mai is coming) but I forgot to schedule a lab visit a week prior to my doc appointment. This is a fasting lab, so it's really only one I can do on Tuesdays, with work every other day. Add to this, I can't find my lab paperwork, so I couldn't try to show up on Monday morning with the hope that they could do the lab work in one day (after going to the doctor's office to get the lab paperwork) and get it back in time for my doctor's appointment. The easiest thing to do is cancel my doctor's appointment, ask them to send me a new lab work up, and then reschedule--preferably sometime in May. Hopefully they will continue to refill my multiple meds until that time. Ay caramba. And this way I don't have to worry about being late to the airport to pick up Mai. My main concern now is remembering to call the doctor's office to reschedule on Monday.

Good thing Mai is low maintenance. She'll slip right into our family routine (she lived with us through tax season before) and she has kept in touch with multiple friends. Her friends all drive and know where we live. She'll probably even spend some nights at friends' houses--though of course we want her with us as much as possible.

Another thing--I had invited an old friend's son (he's attending college here in the Twin Cities--long way from home in New Jersey) over for dinner on the same night we have a dinner scheduled for our small group (this coming Friday). Ooops. Well, the son's (his name is Timothy) spring break is that time so hopefully we can take a raincheck sometime during his break.

On the record keeping side of things for Tim, I missed a whole day of payroll for Tim's cousin Terry (but we caught it the next day) and also made an addition error. Now I'm using the sum function on Xcel's spread sheet--it's pretty slick in the 2003 edition. And we all know computer's don't make mathematical errors.

My head hurts with all this stuff. I think I need a vacation, and I know Tim does. Mark was chosen to play in a select band festival in Wisconsin next weekend. If things don't work out to meet Timothy next weekend, maybe we'll head to the cheesehead state (near Madison) for a concert next Sunday afternoon. It would be fun to do a mini road trip with Mai--but then again, she may have her own travel/shopping/excursion plans by then. She will have been here four whole days by then, doncha know.

Till next time,


Suzi

PS After I wrote this, I posted it on the wrong blog!!! Finally I got it on the correct one.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com