|

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I must remain silent

I wanted to blog about another Cornerstone happening that was resolved in an unusual way, but Tim insisted I allow him to do it.

So, we will wait to read Tim's thoughts at his blog. Meanwhile, I can tell you of other events that unfolded in amazing ways.

First of all, I am grateful that we arrived at Cornerstone safely and in a fairly timely manner. There were some interesting turns in Iowa that, had we missed them, we could have ended up way off course. I was able to pick up a new Iowa map that had big print (so I didn't even need my reading glasses) and I could navigate as Mark drove.

I thought getting to Cornerstone itself would be a breeze. We got to the town of Bushnell without any trouble, but the small signs pointing to Cornerstone were hard to make out in the dark. I was going mostly on memory and the Yahoo map we had printed out earlier was not much help at all.

Finally we found our way to the back gate, only to read a sign that said we must check in at the front gate since it was after midnight. We did, however, find a young man (about 20 I'd guess) at the back gate (who was traveling alone from Michigan and pulling a trailer. He had no clue how to find his way, so I told him to follow us (I didn't tell him we didn't have much of a clue, either).

Anyway, we were able to get around to the front gate with Marty (I think that was his name) following. Perhaps we made the wrong initial turn to the back gate so we could help Marty--who sailed through the ticket entrance while we dealt with our missing ticket situation.

Another incident that happened later in the week was when my brother Roger got a flat tire, only a short distance from where he had parked at the festival. Fortunately, we were all going out to meet my sister Lori (though sister Cheri & I had gone ahead) in town, and Roger was able to take a second vehicle they had brought and change the tire later.

So, you can read about Tim's amazing incident when he decides to blog next. When will this be? Tim(e) will tell...

Till next time,


Suzi

PS This afternoon at 2:30 is my endometrial biopsy. When I get the results of this, I'll better know how to plan out my next few weeks and my job search!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com