|

Friday, August 04, 2006

A good kind of tired

By the end of the day yesterday, I was exhausted. But it was the good kind of tired--the kind from working physically and in other ways. It wasn't the kind of exhaustion that can't really be defined immediately (like from anemia or low/high blood sugar).

Yesterday after my walk I started preparing supper for my family (roast in the crock pot) and for some friends who just had a baby. (I fixed Swedish meatballs for them.) Tim called and asked if I could help him do some clean up at work. I moaned and complained that I had too much going on at home, but then called him back to say I would help him.

So, I swept and vacuumed for almost three hours at the jobsite. This time Luke and Mark were there working, too, so it was nice to be with all my boys. I did get some spray on myself when I walked under the stairs where Tim was spraying the ceiling, but I had the foresight to wear a hat this time.

When I left I made deposits at two banks (small deposits) and went to get license tabs for two vehicles. I came home and wrapped up dinner for our friends with the new baby. It was fun meeting little Benjamin--he is a welcome addition to the household with two big sisters (ages 2 and 4, I think)--they are both very proud to be mom's big helpers with their new brother.

When I got home, everyone had arrived, so we sat down to eat. Then Tim gave me a progress report on our friends who are in a transitional point with their housing. We decided to let them stay in our camper, plugged into another friend's house that is for sale. We went to pick them up, and they were very grateful. They had to have everything out of their apartment this morning and really had nowhere to go, as all leads had been exhausted. They were not looking forward to spending the night with their dog in the garage where they had been allowed to store things until they found something more permanent.

So, we helped them move some things and picked up the trailer to take to our friend Nate's house. Nate met us there and helped get our friends settled.

I'm hoping this couple will find permanent housing and jobs soon--and they have a few leads. If you think of it, please pray for them.

BTW, my pre-op went well on Wednesday. My hemoglobin has soared to 11.7--which is considered normal! I had an EKG which was also normal and other tests which turned out well. God is good!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com