|

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Getting ready for the weekend

Today I went to the grocery store and stocked up like I haven't in quite a while.

Part of the reason is that we're having company this weekend. An old friend from grad school days is coming to town to see attend a conference his college son is putting on, and he and perhaps his son and friends are coming to dinner Saturday.

Sunday at 1 pm we are celebrating Mark's birthday with the Nelsons.

Saturday's menu--roast in the crockpot. I'm hoping to get ambitious and even make a cherry pie.

Mark's menu--tacos. Ok, I just remembered that I didn't buy tomatoes. I'll have to try to pick them up tomorrow night.

Cause we're supposed to have a snow storm.

Winter weather watch Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. Hopefully our party guests can still get here. In any event, I should have plenty of food for anyone who is stranded here.

We watched the rest of the country get hit by the Valentine's Day storm. We've had less than an inch of snow all month. It's been cold, but we really haven't had a significant snowfall yet this season.

This may be our moment.

Or not. Weather prognosticators have been wrong before.

Whatever happens, we will eat well this weekend.

Till next time,

Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com