|

Monday, February 05, 2007

Good little Scotty McGregor

I love my Scotty McGregor. That's the name of my Toyota Highlander. I left him outside for almost 12 long hours today in the frigid weather, and he started right up when I left from work at 8:10 pm.

Last night the weatherman was comparing Minnesota to the North Pole. Today one of the professor's cars didn't start, and at least two others have bad colds.

I am thankful to have a warm house, warm reliable car, and pretty good health.

I'm not quite sure when we'll see above zero. Or at least above zero for any length of time. But before we know it we'll be complaining of the heat and humidity of July.

Speaking of which (although it's in June, not July this year)--I reserved a campsite for Cornerstone. B-15--the spacious one on the end (but with the tricky tree to park around). Anybody gonna join us? Can you say sun, beach, swimming, dust and heat? (Oh, and really good, loud music?)

Till next time,


Suzi

Suzi

6 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

My brother, Cabbagehead, frequents Cornerstone festivals.

He says you have to watch out for all of the corn in Indiana on the way up. He says it has eyes.

I know really weird, but you'd have to know my brother and his friends.

Have fun! Wish I could go.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

It would be fun to meet you at Cornerstone, Curly Mommy! We pass all the corn in Iowa on our way to C-stone. This year it probably won't be very high. We have a saying in the midwest--"knee-high by the fourth of July." In June it will just be calf high.
Suzi

8:47 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

The thought of keeping up with Little Man in a crowd that big is terrifying! I would be a nervous wreck. I think I'll wait until the kids are a little older.

Unless...

Maybe I could get my parents to keep the kids. Wa ha ha ha.

I love that your vehicle's name is Scottie McGregor! My car's name is Goldie.

Nah, I can't leave them that long and go that far away. Well, not yet. :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Curly said...

Oops. I got my thoughts all mixed up. I hope it isn't too confusing.

9:00 AM  
Blogger swansmith said...

Cornerstone is very kid friendly. Yes, it's a big place, but it is very safe. They have lots of kid stuff, too, and every year I'm amazed at the number of babies and toddlers that come to the festival. Not all venues are crowded--it depends who is at what stage at what time. Late nights are usually the most crowded, and I'm guessing your kids are sleeping before 10 or 11.
Plus, kids under 5 are free!
Suzi

9:36 AM  
Blogger Curly said...

Are you getting paid for your endorsement? If not, then you should.

We do like to head north in the summer.

I'll speak with yardboy.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com