|

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Still sub-zero

This morning Raven and I had a very pleasant walk. It was below zero, but the sun was shining and there was no wind. I've been thinking about how our friends in the southern US are suffering with colder temps lately. At least in the north, we are a bit more prepared for colder weather. We own warm (even down) coats, we usually have a generous supply of hats, mittens, gloves and scarves (although our teenagers may refuse to wear them....especially the girl gender...). If we are layered enough, the wind doesn't blow, and we and keep active outside, the cold usually isn't too bad.

I'm actually more of a whiner during spring or fall when we have cold driving rains and nippy windy days. At those times you're not usually ready to put on the winter gear again or yet. The dry cold of January or February is easier to take than wet, wild and chilly days.

Still, it will be nice to have temps closer to the actual freezing point (32 F). And it will be nice to just throw on a jacket and not worry about hats, gloves, etc. when Raven and I walk. But those days will be here soon enough.

Till next time,


Suzi

3 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

Cold wet weather is miserable. It cuts to the bone. Saturday was like that here. Brrr.

I've only experienced "dry cold" once and I still couldn't handle it. My skin was so chapped. I guess a nice layer of Vaseline would have helped.

Stay warm and dry.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

I spoke with Yardboy about Cornerstone. He reminded me that it would be a 20 HOUR DRIVE (without stops)! He also added that he didn't want to take a 2 year-old to something like that. He said that he would be willing to go when Little Man is at least 4 years-old. We will try again in a couple of years. Meanwhile, I should check out the fesival in Florida.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Hey, C.M. if you don't feel comfortable divulging this info on the net I sure understand, but do you live in FL?

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com