|

Monday, February 19, 2007

Presents from my Sweetie



Here are the balloon and flowers Tim gave me for Valentine;s Day. The chocolates are long gone. Thanks again, honey!

"Church Basement Ladies" last night was a real stitch. I could almost see myself on stage with the women and their white cotton towels. I could hear the echo of my voice and my sisters' from my childhood when one woman said to another: "I'll wash, you dry." I'm not quite sure why the washer is the queen of the kitchen--maybe because it is more fun to play in soap bubbles then wipe wet dishes and end up with a soggy white rag.

The musical was complete with songs of the pale hotdish, and near the end the jello molds with Miracle Whip topping appeared. The church basement kitchen ladies served a Christmas Lutefisk dinner (these are Lutheran ladies from up north in Minnesota, doncha know), a funeral, a Hawaiian Easter Bunny fundraiser (to raise money to replace the old furnace) and at the end, a wedding.

Come on up to the Northland and we'll see the play together. Just be prepared to hold your sides, cause they just might split open from all the belly laughs.

Till next time,

Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

I checked out the link. The play looks hilarious!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Orycteropus Afer said...

I'm not quite sure why the washer is the queen of the kitchen....

I always thought it was because the washers got done before the dryers and the putters-away.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com