|

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A full day

Work was really busy today, at both sides of the hill. (A steep hill separates the college from the seminary.) One seminary student had a program enrollment that we had to untangle to figure out if she was being billed correctly, and another needed to be enrolled at the last minute. I was also trying to organize my desk, using binders, three hole punches, dividers and labels.

Back at Anthro/Soc, I hit the ground running. Today is the first day of the second semester for the undergraduates. And, the good news is, my new scanner arrived today! I spent a good part of the day learning it, dealing with computer problems associated with it and not associated with it, running errands on two or three different occasions (venturing out in the frigid outdoors), and helping identify the owner of a purse that was left in a professor's class. Turns out the owner of the purse was the daughter of a friend of mine (we went to Bethel undergrad together and now he works on campus near my A/S office). So, I called my friend and brought the purse over to his office. Shortly after that, the purse owner came to our office looking for the purse on a tip from someone in the classroom. I directed her to her dad and owner and object were happily reunited.

I ordered paper and office stuff online and sat under the instruction of two IT guys who came to the office to help me install the scanner. Now my files will be a lot smaller and easier to transfer. Also, the new scanner has the capability of asking for the next document to be placed, so I don't need to make separate documents for each scanned item. Scanning should be much quicker and efficient. Which is good, because I have a lot to do!

Tomorrow I have a meeting on campus in the afternoon, then a regular work day on Friday (half day at the sem, half at the college).

Oh, yeah, yesterday I got to play for a couple of hours because one of my friends at the seminary had a dead battery. She and her husband share their only car. We tried jumping it and then went to buy a new battery. After several attempts with the new battery, the car finally started. We got back to the seminary just in time for our meeting.

Tax season has started, and Tim is working at his mom's in the evening now. I miss the tax office, but not the stress, I have to say. I'm keeping plenty busy at other stuff, but I do think of my taxing friends and relatives!

Now, where's that W-2....?

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com