|

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tired

Yesterday was my long day at work. I got up early to go to the hospital for my lab work (I've got a doctor's check up next week). I was starting to feel really out of it around 7:30 or so at work. If I were at home I would have gone to bed, but fortunately I wasn't, so I checked my blood sugar instead. It was 69, which for me, is pretty low. Luckily there were some chocolate candies nearby, and even though I didn't really feel like eating them (I was feeling a bit queasy, too), I did. It is amazing what a little sugar boost can do when the glucose levels are low. My tiredness went away and I was feeling a lot better.

Today was rather emotionally draining at work, as I learned of family, health, and other struggles some coworkers are going through. At the end of the day, the Anth/Soc department had a prayer time, which was very meaningful. There is nothing quite like being prayed for by people who genuinely respect and care about you in a professional and personal way. After this, I was off to book club, which is always fun. Then home to Gilmore Girls, and after that off to spend $100+ on diabetes medication. Now I'm home, ready to crash and start all over again tomorrow.

We're supposed to get snow again. It's been a long time since we've had a snowfall like we did this weekend. In some parts of town people are still digging out. Bethel has its own snowplowing schedule--people have to move their cars to different lots so they can be properly plowed.

Cheri is supposed to come on Thursday to pick up Daniel on Friday. Please pray for safe travel and rest for them. We'll look forward to Cheri's visit--not sure if we'll get to see Daniel this time or not.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com