|

Sunday, February 25, 2007

We got the snow!

Well, we got the predicted snow. Amounts varied across the Twin Cities area, but I think we got close to a foot here. I spent Saturday getting ready for our out-of-town guests--around 6:30 Tim and I braved the snow to pick up father and son Thomas and Timothy on the U of M campus. Scotty McGregor (the Toyota Highlander) performed admirably in the snow, and after a nice dinner, dessert, conversation and a game of Blokus, we delivered the T's back to St. Paul in the blinding snowstorm, and made it safely home. Our children arrived safely home, too--and they were extremely busy at work at Papa John's. Mark had the easiest time, delivering in his 4-wheel drive truck. Luke had a bit tougher time with the Camry which has only front-wheel drive.

I heard a rumor that my sister may come later this week, but I haven't heard this directly from her, although I have tried to call (busy signal). She says that Tim and I communicate only on our blogs or email, but the same may be true for her and me. I have a meeting at work on Thursday afternoon, but I may see if I can talk her into coming on campus with me and perhaps hooking up with her friend's daughters who are students there. Then I want to show her off to all my colleagues.

We are thankful that the roads in our neighborhood are now plowed and traveling should be a lot better tomorrow for the start of the work week.

Till next time,

Suzi

2 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

Still love the Scotty McGregor name! How did you come up with that?

I would be in trouble if I had to drive in the snow!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Suzi said...

I named him Scotty McGregor as I drove up north to our church Bible camp, Covenant Pines, in McGregor, MN. Since he is a Highlander, I thought the name "Scotty" was appropriate.
My first car was "Pablo Pinto." I have to say Scotty is a lot more reliable than my 1975 Pablo.
Suzi

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com