|

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A better day

Well, today is going better than yesterday. I got Raven off to the vet this morning where he expressed himself (or the vet expressed him). I did hear him yelp a bit (the vet tech took him to another room--it took her a few seconds to find the right place to "express" him), but he is all cleaned out now and his toenails are trimmed. The vet said he was very good and that his coat was shiny. I treated him by taking him in the car to the grocery store and the pharmacy (he stayed in the car). I also got some extra treats for him. This, after reading TC Dog magazine at the vets (TC=Twin Cities)--one article was about how much we indulge our dogs today. At least I didn't get him an expensive jacket or bed (as some people do).

At work, things are getting resolved without me. I'm reading emails about various billing adjustments (which is one of my areas of responsibilities), but others are stepping in as I'm absent (hey, this job is supposed to be part-time!). Plus, I'm still learning the ropes, so I'm very happy that I haven't jumped into a position where I have to try to figure everything out myself. I am very blessed to have many competent people to train and support me.

Tim came home at 11 pm, and I got up (I'd been asleep about an hour). We worked on the label/printer issue and finally got it resolved. I'd try to explain it, but I'm still a little confused. Something about printer settings with a Samsung and feeding labels in the manual feeder vs. tray 1. Anyway, we got Tim's mom's labels printed around midnight.

One boy came home around 1:30 am. I don't know when boy number 2 came home, but his car was here when I left for the vet and gone when I got home. I called him and he said he was doing a job for Tim. I had called Christina at 9 pm only to discover that she had been home all evening in her room. Today Mark has been home all day, quiet as a mouse in his room. I find myself calling my children on the telephone when they are in the house, just because I'm so used to them being gone.

Well, I should try to do something around here before supper time and then Bible study. Then I'll be refreshed to go back to work one more day before the weekend and then next week: SPRING BREAK! (Well, not for me, but it will be quieter, anyway...)

Till next time,


Suzi

PS Daniel is meeting Cheri Somewhere In Wisconsin tomorrow. So I will not be seeing Cheri or Daniel this trip. I told her it would be lots easier to meet up with him if she had a cell phone. But nobody listens to me....... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com