|

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Another long day

When I got to work in the morning yesterday, I was already behind--there were messages to be returned, notes for me to write letters, filing to do, mail to sort, coffee to be made......... I felt like I was playing catch-up all day long. It was almost 8 pm before I dragged myself out of the office for home.

When I got home, I heard the news that there was a tragic school shooting in northern Minnesota. It's a remote area, on an Indian reservation, hundreds of miles from here, but still in Minnesota. My long day didn't seem so bad. My children both arrived home safely.

This senseless act reminds us we live in a fallen world, which is a very scary place if you live without God. Sometimes I'm frightened even though I know God is ultimately in control. But I am glad I can come to him with my fears, place my life and the lives of those I love in his hands.

My long day is nothing compared to the day of those who lost loved ones in that shooting. I can pray for them, that they will find God's peace. And I can look forward to the day when there will be no more time, no more night--but only the light of God and peace in our hearts forever.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com