|

Thursday, March 17, 2005

A taxing problem--an item for prayer

Last night I worked a couple of hours at the tax office so Dawn could leave early for church, since Tim or Luke couldn't make it by the time she needed to leave. Things were pretty quiet yesterday afternoon, so I mostly did filing and record keeping.

Tim arrived before I left to do some inputting of tax returns on the computer. When I got home, he called with some news. Apparently Don, Jeff's associate who has been taking many of Gladys's clients since her stroke two years ago, is going to be admitted to the hospital today. We're not sure of his prognosis or even the diagnosis--I know he's been pretty tired lately and picked up a couple of bugs. So, he won't be able to come back for the rest of tax season.

Please pray for Don and his wife, Diane. Please pray for us too, in wisdom in how to cover for Don in his absence. Gladys (Tim's mom) wants to take back many of the clients, but we worry that if she does too much, she may end up in the hospital again herself. We (Tim and myself) feel we are already stretched thin, but we may be asked to work more. Jeff and Dawn (Tim's brother and his wife who run the business) are really stretched and have two young children (8 and 4). Mark and Christina are ending the quarter tomorrow, and have tests and studying to do before break begins next week.

It's kind of a deja vu for me--when Tim's mom ended up in the hospital at the end of March two years ago, Tim stepped in and took over her business. I helped as best as I could--at that time we had four kids at home--including Luke and one exchange student. There were many nights when I didn't get home till after 10 pm.

I know things won't be that bad this time, but it looks like it will be tough. Please pray for everyone's health--Jeff has high blood pressure (which has been under control with meds) and Dawn has asthma. With God's help, we'll get through, and we know there's an ending to the stress on April 15--so that helps a lot. For now, we're living in a bit of a pressure cooker.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com