|

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Computer blues

Turns out it was a good thing (or at least a productive thing) that I blogged from the office yesterday. The home computers were not connecting to the internet. At first I thought it was just one computer, but as I checked out the other two, I discovered none of them had internet connections.

I was about to give up in frustration, then remembered last time I called my ISP guy with this problem. He told me just to unplug the DSL box from the electrical outlet for about 5 seconds (I did it for 10 just in case). So, I did this again, then tried to reconnect. Nothing. But, about 30 seconds later, I did have internet access.

Meanwhile, Tim was out buying anti-virus/spyware software. Not a wasted trip, but it's funny how impatient we become with things sometimes and want to buy a replacement instead of taking the time to try to figure out the problem and fix it without buying something new.

Anyway, I'm glad the computer is back (for now!). Mark was able to finish his homework, although it turned out to be a late night for him as he surfed for information about Dante and his Inferno. For now, we can blog, chat, and surf without any problems.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com