|

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Home again, home again...

Well, we made it back safely from Tennessee without incident. No one listened to my pleas to spend the night somewhere along the way home, and the boys ended up driving the two vehicles till 3 am. Christina relinquished her driving "rights" and agreed to ride with Mark and keep him awake with her chatter while Luke brought his iPod and listened to loud classical music. Tim caught some zzzs in the back of the Camry while I stretched out in the front seat, but didn't get much sleep. The phone rang at 8:50 this morning (telemarketer) so we got up. Raven and I had a nice walk and saw some familiar faces on our route.

Much of the snow is gone, but it's supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow, so I guess weather-wise we hit the travel timing just right. Raven was very happy to see us and follows us around everywhere now. He seems to be fine and we're thankful Grandpa Nelson took good care of him.

Thanks to Mom and Dad for a wonderful time in TN. It was great to see my brother and his family, especially new niece Emilee for the first time. Lori, her friend Mike and her son Richard arrived Monday night so we got to spend Tuesday with them. There's nothing quite like a gathering with the family. I'm sure, however, that Mom and Dad are happy to be down to just three house guests instead of--when Rog and Cheryl joined us--13!

The kids are already off seeing their friends and it's only 12:35. I am amazed that they aren't sacked out till mid-afternoon. Christina got a cell phone for her birthday (did I mention that before) so we can keep in touch now. Not sure yet if that's a good thing or not. ;)

Well, I'm off to unpack or clean or shower or nap now. Tim has actually gone to work today since things piled up while we were gone. (Even though he told his contractors he's be gone and then jobs got backed up before we left. Sigh.)

I miss my family, but it's good to be home. Now I can catch up on all the Christmas cards that arrived while we were gone.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com