|

Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy spring!

Even though there's still several inches of snow on the ground, this morning was a beautiful one. Birds are singing, morning is dawning earlier, and this morning's dawn was nothing short of spectacular. The sky was almost blood red--reminding me of the "red sky at morning, sailor take warning--red sky at night--sailor's delight." However, even though it was cloudy on the way to work, I think I see the sun peeking out now (10:15). The snow that was threatening to come our way yesterday and today (forecast earlier last week) has instead hit Nebraska. Sorry, folks, but I'm not sorry to have missed this one.

It was nice to get into work at a decent time instead of like last Monday when I battled snow covered highways and backed up traffic. Tonight is spring break for Bible Study Fellowship, so I don't have to rush off to that, though I miss it because it was cancelled last week.

Oh, another fun thing about the morning, I saw my first robin! He/she was up in a tree, and when Raven barked a spring greeting, he/she flew away. The robin looked healthy enough, so perhaps it will find food when the snow melts in a couple of days.

Hope you are enjoying your spring wherever you are--or your fall is you are south of the equator!

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com