|

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Love does not envy...

I am not phlegmatic, or however you spell it, like my sister Cheri. She is a very calm person, roll with-the-punches type gal, not the easily offended sort.

I tend to take things personally. My daughter would say that I am easily irritated, impatient, and intolerant. My foreign exchange students would say I worry too much. My husband would agree with the comment that I am sometimes too self-absorbed.

These things are true of me sometimes--I hope not all the time. But I do tend to be envious of phlegmatic people like Cheri. But even in her phlegmatictism, I know she enjoys getting comments on her blog. On the other hand, it doesn't bother her a wit if she gets no comments. On her blog over the weekend, she got 16 comments on one post. I, however, have not received one comment in over a week.

It's not that I have an uninteresting life. Over the weekend we had ex-cons and international students over for dinner (it was an interesting mix). The challenges and lack of sleep that come with raising teenagers is always an adventure. My dog is a source of constant amusement and pleasure, but maybe not everyone appreciates that.

So, I guess I'll go on being envious of Cheri. It's not a pretty trait, envy, so I suppose I should work on it. I also envy my younger sister for her amazing brain power and vocabulary, and my little brother is just, well, likable. I don't think Roger has ever had or ever could have an enemy.

So, I'm not my siblings. So, I may not get comments. I may not be the world's best blogger and certainly not writer, but it really doesn't matter. I like my life and who I am, I like who is in my life and especially I like my Tuesdays (my day off work). So, I'm going out to enjoy my Tuesday, and try to give thanks for those I envy rather than wish I could be like them or be them, and appreciate the special gifts I do have.

Especially the gift of rambling--the gift that brings me back to this blog day after day, commentless or not.

At least I'm finally responding to my college English professor who told us to write EVERY day--it didn't matter about what, but in order to hone our craft, we must practice it.

Maybe someday practice will make perfect.

But don't hold your breath. Or your comments.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com