|

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Rick Warren hasn't commented...yet

Now Cheri has posted a comment again, as has my younger sister, Lori, even though they didn't really have much to comment about, but just wanted to encourage me (I think). I thank you. Rick and Warren are actually two different people who have commented. I've read Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life, a good read, although controversial I guess in some circles. I'm not really sure why. I think his is another voice out there, a good one in my opinion, and that a person should take what is helpful from his writings and not worry about what's not applicable.

The Rick and Warren that I know have not written any books that I'm aware of. It could possible be that they are both very prolific, I just haven't had opportunity to read their works. Except, of course, that Rick blogs over at Rick's Ramblings. Hope you don't mind the plug, Rick. Rick is an old family friend (well, he's not old) from my high school days. He writes about fishing, traveling, fishing, traveling, his kids, fishing, and did I mention fishing? Really, his blog is fun to read and he does have an interesting outlook on life.

Warren is Tim's Dad's cousin, though he seems a much closer relative than that. He and his brother Lowell are the ones who got Tim's Dad started in drywall, so I can thank him for the steady income that has provided for our family and now for our sons, too. He is a gentle and thoughtful man, and I always appreciate when he comments.

Anyway, today we got some more snow. Mark and I shoveled (much easier than on Monday) and I made it to work without too much trouble. When I work my "normal" job I take side streets, which were plowed (till the last block or so), so I made pretty good time. We've had a lot of people in and out of the office today, which is nice for keeping busy and out of trouble.

So, thanks again for the comments and keep 'em coming, whether they're insightful, encouraging, inspiring (always for me they are) or just a way to say hey.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com