|

Friday, July 14, 2006

Fun times with my sister

My sister Cheri is here to visit, and sadly, it is almost time for her to go back home. I'm posting two pictures today--as I type this I'm not sure how they are going to appear on the page as I'm having a bit of a problem with photos today. One is of our niece Emily, sleeping after a day of sun and soccer (she was a spectator) at Cornerstone. The other is of Cheri, hard at work--either cleaning up or preparing a meal for our group of 17 at our campsite.

Cheri and I always have fun together--just sitting talking, walking around the mall (we didn't buy anything or even really look) or boiling eggs together (did you know that you can boil an egg for three minutes (after it's been heating up in the pot of water) with the lid on and it will not come out runny? I learned this today from my sister.

It's been great spending so much time with her lately--and in a little over a month she'll be back as her son Daniel heads off to college. As for now, I'm going to ride out with her to pick him up from a hot week of soccer camp. Cheri will drop me off on the way back--she says it's not too far out of the way, and will give us some more gab time.

While I'm blogging, she's enamored with an old songbook we found--she's singing and playing beautifully at the piano. This song book has gospel tunes, folk tunes, and everything in between--everything from "El Shaddai" to "Where Have All the Flowers Gone." Tim said it was a book he used as a song book for Wednesday night meetings or something like that.

We'll have to resort to singing along with the radio in the car. Cheri is fairly low tech and doesn't have an ipod, but I think she might have a CD player. Or we could just turn the radio off and talk some more.

Till next time,


Suzi



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com