|

Friday, July 21, 2006

Gettin' older

Last night European Vacation (with Chevy Chase) was on TV. Tim and I caught most of it, between dusting in the living room (I did that) and trimming bushes (Tim's job) we laughed and reminisced--especially funny were the appearances of Eric Idle of Monty Python fame (Sir Robin, also peasant who cried out "bring out your dead," shrubbery man, etc.

One of the wonderful features of Tivo (besides being able to tape, fast forward and rewind, skip commercials, etc) is that you can simply press a button and read the name and date of the movie/TV show. (This is especially helpful on the AMC channel because they never announce the names of the classic movies they show.) European Vacation was released in 1985. That was the year Luke was born. That was 21 years ago.

It seems like just yesterday Chevy Chase was tripping and goofing his way through Saturday Night Live scripts doing his impression of Jerry Ford. (But that was back when Jerry Ford was president--umm--in the early 70s!)

I guess classic movies are now movies I can recall from my young (?) adulthood. I've always thought of classics as movies with John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart or Clark Gable. But Chevy Chase?

Well, I guess just because a movie still airs on TV and is a couple of decades old doesn't necessarily make it a classic I guess. Tim and I have different opinions of the classicness of Caddyshack, after all...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com