|

Saturday, July 15, 2006

It's hot

Raven and I should have gone out to walk earlier, but I didn't make it out the door till almost 8 am.
It is hot.

The dew point is in the upper sixties, and the forecast high is 100 degrees. Hot.

I am watering the front yard before the 11 am ban time (our city doesn't allow watering between 11 am and 6 pm). When Cheri was here she pruned all but the green parts of my sad looking hanging plant--New Guinea impatiens. I will be watering them at least once today.

Fortunately Tim has been working on remodeling this week in air conditioned comfort. Last night we enjoyed the air conditioned theater and saw The Devil Wears Prada. Quite a different Meryl Streep character than the one portrayed in A Prairie Home Companion. It was a good lesson (The Prada movie) on priorities--and how easy it can be for work to become all consuming and cause us to forget who and what is really important in life.

Right now, I'm focusing on keeping my family cool. There are plenty of indoor projects to do and I hope I can make some headway in them.

If you're in the USA, you're probably dealing with unbearable heat today. You know the drill--apply sun screen, drink lots of water--or stay indoors in a cool place.

That's what I'll be doing. Maybe we'll rent Pirates of the Caribbean 1 to whet Tim's appetite so he'll take me to see #2--Christina went last night (she is infatuated with Johnny Depp--it doesn't seem to phase her that he is almost as old as I am).

Aarrgh matey....let's swab some decks and hunt for treasures in boxes that need to be gone through. Then later we can have some fun. Savvy?

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com