|

Monday, July 24, 2006

The pre-op visit

Today I went to my gynecologist to discuss my upcoming surgery. It was nice to go for a chat instead of an exam (they did check my blood pressure--130/80).

I started firing away, asking questions. Only once did the doctor say, "now, you're getting ahead of me..." I guess I didn't realize till near the end of our conversation when he said "well, I think we've covered just about everything by answering your questions..." I suppose if I had been a patient listener I would have had my questions answered without needing to ask them. It's just that in my experience with doctors I've found you had better start talking/asking questions when they enter the room or they may get away from you. It's not that they mind answering questions, it's just that they are busy and always thinking of the next patient or report or whatever it is they do when they're not answering my questions.

Next Wednesday (Aug. 2) I see my regular doc for my pre-operative physical. Then Aug. 9 is the big day! When Christina found out I wouldn't be having my monthly time any more, she asked if she could have this surgery, too. She also asked if this meant I wouldn't be crabby anymore. Sorry, Christina--ovaries will be left intact so hormones will continue. Then when they stop working, I'll be facing a whole 'nother set of challenges--but maybe it won't be too bad.
I'll probably just have to keep the thermostat set at 65 degrees.

On my way home from the doctor's office, I heard the radio announcer say that there are 12 million Americans that do a certain thing, and that number is growing every day. What is this thing? Answer: blogging! He wondered why anyone would journal on the web for the whole wide world to read.

He might wonder even more why anyone would detail surgical procedures, particularly reproductive ones, in such a public forum.

I'll have to think about that...

Till next time,


Suzi

1 Comments:

Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

All the best for your 'big day'.

I must admit that when I first heard about the idea of blogging I wondered the same thing. I thought you'd have to be a little weird to chronicle your life on-line.

I suppose I must be a little weird because I've now been blogging for two and a half years.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com