|

Friday, July 28, 2006

Tired and hot, but not broken

It's in the 90s and still climbing. Humidity is high--not sure what the dew point is today. So when Tim asked me to help him clean up a job in a house where the air-conditioning had gone out, I said, "Sure!"

I didn't know that he was leaving the job shortly after I arrived. Luke, Mark and Tim all had another job to get to. I was left to finish vacuuming, sweeping and wiping up three rooms plus parts of two other rooms.

I tried to protest when Tim left, but decided I would stick it out. How long could it take to do a little sweeping?

Three hours later, hungry, thirsty and hot (the A/C fortunately was working, but it was still hot in the rooms which had many windows on this sunny day), I finished. Or at least I hope I finished. It seems whenever you clean up after a drywall job it is hard to know when it is good enough, or how picky the homeowner will be. I wiped off ledges and shelves, scraped floors and brushed the carpet as well as vacuumed. I could feel my blood sugar dropping and felt that my hemoglobin was not fully up there either.

But I finished. Things could be worse. It could be rainin' (from Young Frankenstein--but actually we could use rain around here). After I loaded up the shop vac, the push broom and my kitchen broom with handled dust bin, the garbage, the brush, sanding block, scraping knife, my cooler and my mega-purse, I sat in my car and turned on the a/c full blast. Ahhhhhhh. I sipped my cold water (I had put some in the cooler with ice) and relaxed.

Yes, it could be worse. I could have a broken hand, as TWO of my fellow bloggers have. Yesterday my sister fell in the library and broke her hand. Read about it here. My friend Rick had his hand punched as he was holding a dummy at football practice. Rick chronicles this episode here.

My back and shoulders are a little sore from stooping and hauling garbage, but as soon as I post this I'm going to jump in the shower. My hands are working fine so I can easily type this blog.

I am grateful for two dedicated bloggers who blog on despite these traumatic injuries. And I'll remember that things could always be worse.

Today I'm also grateful to air conditioning and healthy bones.

Life is good.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com