|

Thursday, July 27, 2006

An unusual occurrence

It was 5:30 am this morning. The radio was on (it comes on at 5 so we are used to ignoring it--I don't know why we don't change it...). I heard some noises in the kitchen, so I assumed Tim was up early. I vaguely sensed he was still in bed, but was too tired to make anything of all this.

At 5:50, Christina popped into our room. "Good morning!" said our cheerful teenager who is never awake at this time of day unless Mom or Dad drags her from bed. "I'm going for a jog with Pete and then we're going out for breakfast."

I was still too groggy to respond, so Tim grunted, "Okay" and rolled over.

At 8:35 Christina called. Apparently she and Pete went to pick up a friend from out of town (about an hour or so) who is moving back to the Twin Cities. They did do the morning jog and breakfast, however. But I knew there had to be another incentive for the early morning arise time. The early morning trip confirmed that.

It's still the middle of summer, for goodness sake.

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com