|

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Pill counting

Since it's so hot outside today, I'm resorting to fun indoor activities.

Number one on the list: pill counting.

Actually, I have to record all my medications for the anesthesiologist to have before my surgery. This includes vitamins. So, here is my list:

Metformin (for diabetes)
Lisinopril (for hypertension)
Simvastatin (used to be zocor--I think this is a generic version) for cholesterol
Ferrous (iron)
Mineral complex with calcium (supplement)
multivitamin
aspirin--81 mg
humolog insulin--basal rate (all day drip) and bolus (right before meals) via my insulin pump

I have to fast before my surgery so I think the only meds I'll take in the morning will be lisinopril. I need to stop the aspirin a few days before to make sure I'll have good clotting during surgery. And I think I can put my pump port in my side so it won't be in the way of the surgery.

Okay, now that I've made a list of my meds, what's next on the indoor agenda? I know--I'll organize Raven's meds--vitamin to help with itching and help to shine up his coat, meds for his allergies, sentinel for heart worm...

Till next time,


Suzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com